MT-10® lubrication technology is based on tribologic methods that improve lubricity and load-carrying capacity by improving metal surface characteristics and creating a stable, chemical, corrosion-controlled, halide boundary film. MT-10® is a blend of highly refined oils and proprietary additives and contains no solid lubricants, chlorinated solvents or phosphate compounds. Once applied, MT-10® provides five mechanisms of improvement:
- Advanced chemical boundary film formation through reactive chemical bonding;
- Ring opening, oxirane acid scavenging and advanced corrosion inhibition;
- Organo-metallic substitution of surface metal and free radical reactionaries;
- Improved metal surface smoothness and rolling out of irregular contacting asperities; and
- Re-hardening and latticular reconstruction of initial contacting metal surfaces.